Policies and Procedures
On Test Day, allow up to three hours to complete the test. More specific details will be included in each candidate’s confirmation email.
ADA Accommodations for the Knowledge Test
You must submit requests for any ADA accommodations in writing, at least 30 days in advance, with appropriate documentation.
Candidates who do not pass the Knowledge Test will have the opportunity to retake the test at least 30 days after the most recent attempt. The retake fee is 50% of the original test fee.
All candidates will be required to sign a Benchmark Confidentiality/Hold Harmless Agreement before taking both the Knowledge Test and the Performance Assessment.
We will provide all materials necessary to complete the test. For security reasons, please do not bring anything, except your keys, into the testing room. Because we do not own the testing locations, we cannot provide lockers or security for personal possessions. We ask that you remove any electronic devices (fobs, USB drives, etc.) from your keychain, and leave purses/bags/wallets, cell phones, smart watches and other electronic devices in a secure location outside of the testing room.
About the Stimulus Video
The Benchmark Stimulus Video has a total run time of approximately 30 minutes. There are four scenarios (segments) Each segment lasts about six minutes and is preceded by short introduction of a minute or so. There is a 30-60 second break between each video segment.
On Assessment Day
There are specific time constraints related to arrival times that must be followed. Specific direction will be provided to each candidate in their confirmation email.
ADA Accommodations for the Performance Assessment
To receive any ADA accommodations, each candidate must submit requests in writing (email), at least 30 days in advance, with appropriate documentation.
Life does not always go as planned. We all have experienced a variety of snafus that interrupt our plans. There are several options for canceling and/or rescheduling testing or assessment appointments.
Rescheduling and/or transferring
- No Penalty: Up to 60 calendar days prior to your appointment, you may reschedule and/or transfer to another location with no penalty fee.
- $35 Fee: Between 59 and 30 calendar days prior to your scheduled appointment
- $100 Fee: Between 29 and 14 calendar days prior to your scheduled appointment
- Any requests for transfers or rescheduled appointments with less than 14 days’ notice will be treated as a cancellation as outlined below.
Cancellations that are NOT rescheduled
- 60% refund: Up to 30 calendar days prior to your scheduled appointment
- 30% refund: From 29 to 14 calendar days prior to your scheduled appointment
- No Refund: Less than 14 calendar days prior to your scheduled appointment
Exceptions to the above stated policies apply only in the following situations. Please inform Benchmark staff via phone call, text message, or email as soon as possible, and provide any applicable documentation.
- Serious personal injury or illness requiring treatment from a medical professional
- Death of an immediate family member
- Unavoidable transportation issues
- Military deployment